Who we are?Biofortis, a subsidiary of Mérieux NutriSciences, part of the Mérieux Group, is a leading global research organization serving innovation in food, nutrition and health. With locations in Europe & North America, Biofortis offers complementary, differentiating and innovative services including pre-clinical and clinical assessments, microbiota-related research, sensory evaluation and consumer studies.
Our main activity is to support our clients in their quest for innovative market leading products by generating scientific evidence and consumer insights.
Our clientsBiofortis partners with a wide range of customer segments such as nutrition, food, ingredient, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, wellness, and beauty healthcare-related industries.
ExpertiseBiofortis, as a leading Contract Research Organization, is specialized in designing and running pre-clinical and clinical research projects in several health areas: cardiovascular, metabolism, immunity, ageing, cognitive function, nutrition and especially in gut health, with a unique microbiome analytical service integrated in our central lab.
For several years, Biofortis has been supporting large, medium, and small companies mainly in the food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries, both nationally and internationally. Biofortis combines an experienced and GCP-trained staff with a strong network of scientists and collaboration with key opinion leaders of international reputation.
Based on its own Clinical investigation Center and its accredited Central Laboratory, Biofortis offers a global and a continuous solution which enables clients to substantiate their products in order to maximize their market impact:
- Design and management of clinical studies
- Database of more than 15,000 local research ready participants
- Important network of general practitioners and hospital based physicians, especially in metabolism, GI disorders, pediatrics, and several collaborations with private or public institutions;
- Metabolic and physiological exploration with an internal Central Lab with over 200 parameters in routine use
- Data management, biostatistics and bioinformatics.
- Partner of MetaHIT
- More than 1000 volunteers participate in the collection of fecal matter
- International renownExperts
- PhD level scientists Specialized staff
- Academic researchers Collaboration
- CIR accreditation, ISO 9001 certification
- Route de la Chatterie 44800 Saint-Herblain France